At Van Dijck Groenteproducties our production methods respect people and our planet. We strive to create healthy relationships with customers and our staff, we operate with a heart for our surroundings and grow healthy produce. We demonstrate our responsibility in various ways:
- We only use crop protection products if absolutely necessary. Our crop supervisors continually monitor the growing crops so they can identify and signal any potential problems at an early stage;
- The water used to rinse produce during processing, and rainwater, is collected and buffered in a large water reservoir next to our production facility. This water is reused after it has been purified.
- All the green waste from our processing plant is collected and recycled;
- We work with modern, energy efficient and virtually silent equipment;
- Our business premises and our fields are always tidy and carefully tended. We also steward and maintain 70,000 m2 of woodland, earth banks and natural landscapes;
- Our modern premises were built in 2013 using durable and sustainable materials, and with efficient logistics in mind, are located conveniently close to the major road links.